4 extra individuals who contracted Covid-19 have died, Chief Medical Officer Dr Tony Holohan has introduced.
The entire variety of deaths associated to the virus in Eire now stands at 1,547.
“We had one thing within the area about two weeks in the past of 250-300 instances in a day,” mentioned Dr Holohan.
“And in relation to these 4 deaths at the moment, I can inform you, there’s at all times an opportunity there is usually a delay in reporting in relation to occasions that occur over a weekend.
“Solely two of these deaths occurred over the weekend, in truth, the opposite two have been in relation to deaths that occurred within the month of April.
“On the primary day of Eire transferring into Section Certainly one of reopening we now have skilled the bottom variety of deaths since March 27.
“We now have suppressed the virus and restricted its impression on public well being. We have to maintain this within the weeks and phases forward,” he added.
It was additionally introduced that there are 88 extra confirmed instances of the virus within the nation, bringing the overall to 24,200 instances.
- 57% are feminine and 43% are male
- the median age of confirmed instances is 48 years
- 3,127 instances (13%) have been hospitalised
- Of these hospitalised, 391 instances have been admitted to ICU
- 7,615 instances are related to healthcare staff
- Dublin has the best variety of instances at 11,693 (49% of all instances) adopted by Kildare with 1,367 instances (6%) after which Cork with 1,361 instances (5%)
- Of these for whom transmission standing is thought: group transmission accounts for 60%, shut contact accounts for 37%, journey overseas accounts for 3%
The brand new instances have been introduced as Eire accomplished its first day of the part 1 exit from the Covid-19 lockdown.
Some shops reopened, out of doors work resumed and sports activities like golf and tennis might be performed once more.
Individuals are actually capable of meet in teams of 4 in out of doors areas so long as social distancing is noticed.
Nevertheless, some elements of Eire’s exit plans have already come underneath scrutiny.
Building websites reopened at the moment, with 150,000 staff returning to constructing underneath pointers for bodily distancing and hygiene.
Enterprise Minister Heather Humphreys has mentioned that the Well being and Security Authority (HSA) could have the ability to shut companies that don’t adhere to the rules.
It has emerged although that there are simply 67 energetic HSA inspectors in nation.
Minister Humphreys has not outlined as but the precise variety of new inspectors that might be employed or which departments and businesses supplemental inspectors might be seconded from.
Unions have referred to as on the Minister for Enterprise to expressly assign powers to the Well being and Security Authority (HSA) to right away shut work websites who don’t adjust to Covid-19 security measures.
In a press release, Patricia King, the Normal Secretary of the Irish Congress of Commerce Unions (ICTU) mentioned: “Given the very severe nature of this virus and the doable extreme penalties for individuals who contract it, it’s essential that the implementation and enforcement powers are actively utilised.”
- Helpful info
- The HSE have developed an info pack on the best way to shield your self and others from coronavirus. Learn it right here
- Anybody with signs of coronavirus who has been in shut contact with a confirmed case within the final 14 days ought to isolate themselves from different individuals – this implies going into a special, well-ventilated room alone, with a cellphone; cellphone their GP, or emergency division;
- GPs Out of Hours providers are usually not able to order testing for sufferers with regular chilly and flu-like signs. HSELive is an info line and equally not able to order testing for members of the general public. The general public is requested to order 112/999 for medical emergencies always.
- ALONE has launched a nationwide help line and extra helps for older individuals who have considerations or are going through difficulties referring to the outbreak of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) in Eire. The help line might be open seven days every week, 8am-8pm, by calling 0818 222 024